Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Blissfully Grateful!

"Every good and PERFECT gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows".   James 1:17


This photo was taken last year in one of my favorite spots, the San Juan River in Pagosa Springs, CO.  I love the serenity of the river, the sunlight, and local coffee. I'm posting this photo because God creates all things to bring us joy so that we can enjoy life, nature, and of course, local coffee. :)

My last post talked about God's plan and how although I wanted to deliver naturally that may not be the best thing for our little boy, Isaac Blaine.  Well, God had different plans for delivery than he did for Asher and although we had a c-section scheduled for Wednesday, September 17th, Isaac decided to make his grand appearance early Sunday morning, September 14th, at 3:10am.

Isaac Blaine Martin, 7lbs 12oz, 20"long

We are so thankful that Isaac Blaine is healthy and we had a good, safe delivery.  Labor and childbirth is something so different and of course, PAINFUL! For us, it was a huge blessing to be able to try natural labor and delivery.  I'm not going to say it was easy but it definitely made me depend totally on God to get through 10hrs of strong contractions/back labor and what it means to have a supportive husband who, for 10hrs, did not leave my side.  I could not have done it without Andrew!!! No matter how a child is brought into this world, the feeling of holding that sweet, precious life that you carry for 9 months is indescribable! God is sooo good and never ceases to AMAZE me!!  

On a side note my brother, Blaine, is Isaac's namesake and I feel so blessed to be able to name a child after somebody that has always endured so much and perseveres daily.  Blaine was in the same hospital, 2 floors above us, for heart problems, etc. and had a sweet nurse bring him down to our room to meet Isaac Blaine.  It was a sweet, sweet moment and I can't wait to tell Isaac Blaine one day all about Blaine Gentry, my brother.

Proud Uncle Blaine with Isaac Blaine

Going home!


Sweet big brother love

Uncle Blaine and Isaac Blaine both home!!

Thank you for allowing me to share our story (and lots of pictures:)!!

May God bless you and have a great FALL day!!
Paige





1 comment:

  1. Oh, Paige, this brought tears to my eyes to see Blaine holding little Blaine. So glad this is behind you and wishing you and your sweet family all the best during this time of adjustment.

    ReplyDelete