Friday, August 10, 2012

"Waiting and Hoping"

Wow! It's been a few months since I last blogged!! We have been busy with our normal routines with work, church, social activities, and our new addition, PIPER! We rescued a Newfoundland puppy 2 months ago and she has brought so much joy (and a little stress:) to our lives!
She is definitely teaching us patience and may be giving us a little taste of what it's like to be new parents!!:) She is a great 95lb puppy, but loves the daily activities of digging, barking, chewing, and clanging her water bowl on the concrete until we give her attention!

God has definitely been working on my heart lately.  The "waiting" stage of life can be so hard at times.  I would be dishonest if I said I have not felt anger, bitterness, envy, and disappointment when it seems like everyone in our paths is pregnant.  We have been trying now for over a year and although the waiting does not get easier, I know that God has planted a desire deep in my heart to be a mom (to many kids hopefully;) and that one day it will happen!!

Andrew has started the job search and it will also be a waiting and faithfully praying stage as there are only a few pediatric hematology/oncology jobs in the nation.
I never realized how deep my Southern roots are until now! I would love more than anything to end up back in the South.  I know that wherever God sends us next will be an adventure and should be more thankful and praise Him that I have Andrew to do life with every day.

Even though the future is not clear, it is so awesome to know that I can give ALL control to God.  I can rest in the fact that nothing is too difficult for Him.  One of my favorite scriptures that has helped me over the last few months:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"  Phillipians 4:6-7

LOVE and blessings,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment