Friday, April 20, 2012

"Unconditional Love and Obedience"

Andrew and I have 2 dogs, "Huey"-who is Andrew's husky mix, and "Skylar"-who is my golden retriever.  I've had Skylar for 13 years and I used jokingly say, "if I could find a guy who loved me as much as Skylar, then I would be set":).  Andrew and I have talked about our dogs unconditional love for us and related it to Christ's love.  I think about how Skylar looks at me with those big, droopy eyes and loves me no matter what the circumstance.  That is exactly Christ's unconditional love for us.  No matter how many times we've made mistakes or become distant from Him, His love and mercy never fails.
Dogs are so loving and obedient and it's a good reminder of not only Christ's love, but how we should love our husbands.


Both of our sweet dogs were diagnosed with cancer within 1 month of each other.  We are trying to spend as much time with them as we can!! It's crazy how attached you can become to a dog, but they are really family.  They were both given 2-3 months to live, but are still with us and it's been almost 4 months.  We're praying for as much time as we can have as long as they're comfortable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment